Dedication To Clients...
Serving Greater Boston...
Committed To Excellence
At the law office of David L. Rubin our mission is to provide quality legal support and counsel to our clients. We have a reputation for thoroughness and preparedness that is widely recognized and respected in the legal community. We work together, with the client, to achieve the most successful client outcome. Our attorneys are…
We emphasize communication with our clients, persistent advocacy, and attention to all aspects of their case.
Personal Injury Settlements
- A 47 year old man who was stopped and waiting at a red light when he was struck in the rear by a van, driving at a high rate of speed, whose driver never stopped. Multiple injuries to back, neck and torn labrum and rotator cuff of right shoulder with 23 percent permanent impairment, according to the treating orthopedic surgeon. Successful negotiation of workers’ compensation lien.
- A 33 year old man who was struck in the rear by an SUV, driving at a high rate of speed, causing a second impact with another automobile, coming from the opposite direction, crashing into the victim’s car from the front. Multiple injuries to the victim, including fractures to the Lumbar Spine. Extensive inpatient hospitalization required and months of physical therapy and loss of earnings followed. 20 percent combined loss of function to back and ankle. There were lost wages and lost earning capacity. Successful negotiation and resolution of workers’ compensation lien.
- A 65 year old woman slipped and fell on snow and ice in parking lot. Liability based on violations of Sanitary Code, requiring the land owner to provide proper lighting and maintain safe egress, free of snow and ice. Victim suffered a displaced trimalleolar left ankle fracture, requiring open reduction internal fixation. Permanent loss of function and lost earning capacity. $100,000.00 settlement. Successful resolution of workers’ compensation lien. Attorney David Rubin is a Boston MetroWest personal Injury lawyer representing victims of personal injury claims throughout the Greater Boston region. With offices in Framingham, Attorney Rubin provides legal representation for local individuals and families in the Boston MetroWest area including Ashland, Boston, Dedham, Dover, Framingham, Marlborough, Natick, Needham, Newton, Sherborn, Sudbury, Waltham, Wayland, Weston, and Wellesley.
Legal Articles & Updates
- It is unfortunate that the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) postponed its vote a few weeks ago to expand delivery licenses to independent operators. Under the current law, delivery is allowed only for medical marijuana patients. For recreational use, however, delivery must be connected to an existing cannabis business, a la an “uberEats” style courier. This format has had the effect of allowing a few large companies to dominate the market and stifle competition. The proposed expansion would allow two delivery licenses for the recreational use of cannabis. The first would be for marijuana operators who buy products wholesale from growers. The second license would allow the courier to charge a fee to make deliveries from retailers and dispensaries licensed by the state. Both delivery license formats are also reserved explicitly for participants in Massachusetts’ Social Equity or Economic Empowerment programs, designed to allow individuals from communities most harmed by a decades long drug war to benefit from the emergence of the new industry, for a period of three years. On October 20, 2020, the CCC voted in favor of the new rules but a group of lawmakers from the legislature sought and received a delay in implementing the liberalized […]
- The timeframe in which you have to file your lawsuit is called the statute of limitations. Each state sets its own laws and regulations regarding time limits to file various claims. The majority of personal injury cases in Massachusetts have a statute of limitations of three years. The statute of limitations begins on the date in which the personal injury incident occurs. Therefore, you generally have three years from this date to start your lawsuit. There are a few exceptions to this rule, however. For instance, if you are involved in a hit and run accident, a suit must begin within six months after you learn the defendant’s identity, and within three years of the accident. This includes filing for property damage, personal injury, or death. There also needs to be proper documentation of the time and place of the accident to the police and Registrar of Motor Vehicles within 30 days after the accident. Another exception involves actions against the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. You only have two years to file a suit for injuries you sustain as a passenger on public transit. To ensure your personal injury case is processed, you are encouraged to start your complaint immediately. […]
"I am a committed, experienced attorney who takes my responsibilities seriously, knowing that the results I achieve for my client will have lasting impact on their lives." ~
David L. Rubin, Esq.
Legal Questions & Answers
What clients have to say...
Who are you going to call....David Rubin....Why may you ask? Because David will get back to you right way, you will feel like you are his only client, you will feel like he knows who you are and what you need to accomplish your objectives, and you will feel like you are getting 100% of his efforts 100% of the time. David Rubin should be your only call.
I would like to extend my greatest gratitude to Attorney Rubin. I’ve had time to process what happened to me and I will never forget walking into Attorney Rubin's office and being treated so kindly. No one has ever protected my interests in the manner he did. He was professional and had so much empathy as an attorney. That was the worst time of my entire life and Attorney Rubin made a horrible experience bearable. I thank him for helping me and being strong when I couldn't protect myself. I hope our paths cross again yet I prefer in a restaurant other than a courthouse...lol. Thank you David.
David did superb job to fight against the whole machine of town of Grafton to protect and provide the best defense to my small business . He is energetic intelligent & knows how to work in the legal system to get things done. He took my case as his own to defend my business. I have only the best regards for David. As a matter of fact, I do not have the words to thank him enough. I just salute his professionalism . The best person and attorney I have ever known.
Congrats David! on your 35 years of noble work in the field of Law. You make a difference and wish you all success in everything you do!
David provided me with excellent legal services throughout my case. He was available for me when I needed and when he was occupied he returned my calls or e-mails as soon as possible. I see David has possessing all the attributes of a good attorney such as experience, integrity, and implementing great strategic planning.
“You are my hero! How can I ever thank you for going out of your way to help me and this case!”
David pursued a Complaint for Contempt and a Complaint for Modification of the original Divorce Agreement and Judgment on my behalf to change its terms twelve years after entry of the original decree in the Probate Court. This was a difficult task. David walked me through the ups and downs of the often emotional and exhausting case with caring and competent legal representation. I highly recommend him.